If you’d like to learn more about yoga, deepen your understanding, and share your knowledge and passion with others, we can help. Our next 200-hour yoga teacher training will be held at The Yoga Spot at GSB in Goldsboro, and it is Yoga Alliance Accredited to effectively prepare you to open your own practice. To offer you a personal experience, we limit the training to 6-10 students.
Is our Yoga Teacher Training Right for You?
Before you begin your journey to receiving your 200-hour yoga certification, it’s important to know what makes a great yoga teacher. The qualities every successful yoga teacher has includes:
- Ability to connect with people from all walks of life;
- Attention to detail to ensure students are executing movements properly;
- Understanding of movement, alignment, and physiology, much of which will be taught in your yoga teacher training;
- Flexibility – not just with your body (though that’s important, too!), but in how you work with your students. It’s important to cater to your audience, listen, and be aware of their needs;
- A calm, focused energy; You can be high-energy and enthusiastic, or more laid-back with a sense of humor, but while you’re teaching it’s important to be the observer and the listener.
Most important, every great yoga teacher has a love for yoga and loves teaching!
In addition to having the qualities of an instructor, our yoga teacher training is excellent for:
- Students who would like to become yoga teachers or to share yoga within a specific population
- Students who are interested in furthering their personal knowledge of yoga
- Professionals who want to incorporate yoga into their work such as clinical psychologists, counselors, physical therapists, massage therapists, health coaches, wellness professionals, and those practicing integrative health.
- Those seeking to learn techniques to improve physical strength, flexibility, and body awareness and share them with others.
- Those seeking to learn techniques to reduce negative effects of stress on the body and mind.
- Desire to promote physical and emotional healing as well as a positive, healthy lifestyle.
- Those seeking to pursue a Yoga Therapy certification
Meet Our Lead Instructor for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Martha Catz M.S., ERYT 500, C-IAYT, YACEP has practiced yoga for over 25 years. After completing her initial 200-hour teacher training in 2003, she moved on to receive her 1100-hour yoga therapy training to better serve her students and those seeking improved health and wellness.
In addition to teaching people and training new teachers, Martha also provides yoga classes and yoga therapy to the community. She also is a Certified Integrative Health Coach and is Certified in Mindful Awareness Meditation – both from Duke Integrative Medicine. Martha also holds a Master’s Degree in Health Psychology.
Modules to Complete the Training
Our 200-hour teacher training sessions will begin in January 2022 and run until September 2022. Each module will run on a 3-day weekend schedule as shown below. We offer a convenient schedule of classes in order to allow more people to take part in the program. Conveniently located at The Yoga Spot in Goldsboro, NC, we’re only a short drive from the Raleigh-Durham area allowing individuals traveling from out of town easy access.
|Module 1: January 14-16|
|Module 2: February 4-6|
|Module 3: February 25-27|
|Module 4: March 18-20|
|Module 5: April 1-3|
|Module 6: May 13-15|
|Module 7: June 10-12|
|Module 8: July 15-17|
|Module 9: August 19-21|
|Module 10: September 2-4|
3 day module: Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm; Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Cost for 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Early Bird Discount: $2400 if paid in full at least two months prior to start date.
- $2600 if paid in full at least 10 days prior to start date.
- Payment plan: $2800/4=$700 paid at least 4 days prior to the start of each of the first 4 modules.
*A two hundred dollar, non refundable, deposit is required to hold your place once your application had been reviewed and accepted by one of our teachers. This deposit will be put towards your overall tuition.
Why Choose Us for Your 200 Hour Yoga Certification
At The Yoga Connection, we’re dedicated to providing comprehensive instruction to provide every student with the opportunity to successfully teach others in accordance with the requirements of Yoga Alliance. We practice Hatha Yoga, and our students receive an in-depth look at the primary postures and flow of asana sequencing along with learning how to instruct others in pranayama and guide meditation.
In addition to yoga, our students also learn anatomy and physiology to assist and guide their students safely and knowing how the different movements and sequences affect the body. We place a strong emphasis on anatomy. Philosophy, business, and ethics are also part of the curriculum to better prepare every student should they wish to open their own successful yoga studio.