300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: 13 Month Course
For students who have successfully completed their 200-hour yoga certification and taken a bit of a breather to practice all that you have learned, you may find it’s time to add to your experience and venture into the advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training. The combined number of hours totals what Yoga Alliance (YA) refers to as a 500 hour Teacher Training certification. At The Yoga Connection we are excited about offering 300 hour yoga teacher training.
Martha Catz is the lead trainer, offering her years of experience as a yoga therapist, and her incredible depth of knowledge of yoga and therapeutic methods.
Yoga Alliance Approved Teacher Training Program
To be an approved training program with Yoga Alliance each school must meet minimum standards. These standards are divided into categories, and a specific number of hours are assigned within each category to meet YA standards as a certified school of training. There are 5 categories: Technique, Training and Practice; Teaching Methodology; Anatomy & Physiology; Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics; Practicum.
The Yoga Connection meets those minimum standards. But the good news is YA does allow schools to have a focus of training above these categories.
How is the 300 Hour Course Different than the 200 Hour Course?
In the 200-Hour course, individuals learn level-1 teachings including basic concepts, how to structure classes, and yoga anatomy. The 300 hour course on the other hand, consists of a far more demanding curriculum. We will go deeper into the methodologies used to teach yoga in its entirety through asana, pranayama, and meditation, present day application of yoga philosophy, coupled with contemporary learning and movement theories. This deep dive will provide you with the tools to further assist yourself and your students in moving towards a healthy, effective and complete yoga practice.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Details
Our training at The Yoga Connection will specifically focus on 5 categories:
- Anatomy Physical and Subtle: Review and application of anatomy and movement within the asana and beyond. A deep dive into asana alignment, modifications, and alternate methods of creating range of motion for students within the scope of the yoga practice. This includes subtle energy anatomy alignment of the chakras.
- Models of Yoga Philosophy in Practice: Using the models of yoga philosophy in class design, and working privately with students to not only develop a strong and effective physical practice, but to also promote self-study, wellness and positive change. We will also introduce western modalities of inquiry, which will integrate with yoga philosophy. These western modalities combined with yogic principles will increase listening skills, aid in planning a course direction for a class or individuals, and will help you to adhere to the principles of yamas and niyamas within your teaching practice.
- Creating Programs and Workshops: How to create and design workshops, specialty trainings, and short and long term programs.
- Specialty Trainings Within the 300 Hour Certification: Working with trauma; working with anxiety/depression; working with limited range of motion; certain diseases that are common complaints and issues with students; and how to combine weights, and other movements with yoga-asana.
- Pranayama and Meditation Practices for Group and Private Students: Going beyond personal use of these modalities for health and wellness, and introducing these as inclusive to your yoga teaching practice.
300 Hour Program Entry Requirements
- Minimum of 200-hour teacher training.
- 3 months between the end of your 200-hour completion and the start of The Yoga Connection 300 hour advanced training.
- It is not necessary for you to have a teaching practice, but you must have a consistent personal practice. We understand that some students have no interest in teaching and are moving into the advanced program to enhance their own understanding and practice of yoga.
- Non refundable deposit of $250.
- First module must be paid 2 weeks prior to start date.
- Students are required to read/sign both the ethical guidelines/indemnity forms prior to start date of training.
Requirements Necessary to Graduate from this Program
- This is an in-person training. You have the leeway to miss up to 20 hours of in-person training. Any hours that exceed the 20 hours hours missed can be made up either in-person through a private session with lead instructor.
- All written and practicum assignments must be completed when due.
- 4 tests and 1 final exam are required with 80% as a cumulative grade to pass.
- There are 6 books that you will be reading, and one book of your choice.
- A 5-8 page research paper is required and must be completed 2 weeks prior to the last weekend.
- 6 classes attended that are outside of The Yoga Connection. These 6 classes can be asana, meditation, pranayama, or mantra/chanting and is left to the discretion of the student which subject or combination of subjects they would like to attend. A brief 1 page description of the class will be written and completed 2 weeks prior to the last weekend.
- There will be a 2-day retreat included in the price of the tuition. The retreat location will be local and only during the daytime on Saturday and Sunday. This will be mandatory attendance.
Modules to Complete the Training
There will be 16 modules in this program. The first module is September 9, 2021 and the last module ends October 9, 2022. The entire 300-hour will take just a bit over a year to complete, 13 months in total. There will be a retreat September 22-25, 2022, which is mandatory. The location is TBA, but will be within 5 hours of Smithfield, so no need for plane tickets. The cost of the lodging and facility use is included in the tuition (food may be additional).
|Module 1: 9/9/21 – 9/12/21 (4 day module)||24hrs|
|Module 2: 10/2/21 – 10/3/21 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 3: 10/30/21 – 10/31/21 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 4: 11/20/21 – 11/21/21 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 5: 12/11/21 – 12/12/21 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 6: 1/8/22 – 1/9/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 7: 1/27/22 – 1/28/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 8: 2/19/22 – 2/20/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 9: 3/9/22 – 3/10/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 10: 4/9/22 – 4/10/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 11: 4/30/22 – 5/1/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 12: 5/28/22 – 5/29/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 13: 7/9/22 – 7/10/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 14: 8/6/22 – 8/7/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|Module 15: 9/22/22 – 9/25/22: Retreat Location TBA||30hrs|
|Module 16: 10/8/22 – 10/9/22 (2 day module)||16hrs|
|278 Total contact hours with lead|
2 day module: Friday 8:30am-5:00pm & Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm
4 day module: Thursday 5:00pm-9:00pm; Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Required Reading for this Training
(the required reading will be given as assignments throughout the course)
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga: A Guide for Practitioners and Teachers. David Keil
- Yoga for Wellness: Gary Kraftsow
- Physical Change & Aging: A Guide for the Helping Professions. Sue Saxon, May Jean Etten, & Elizabeth Perkins
- Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Chakras: Your Definitive Source of Energy Center Knowledge fro Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Evolution. Cyndi Dale
- The Body Keeps the Score. Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Light on Pranayama: The Yogic Art of Breathing. B.K.S. Iyengar
- Book of your choice that will inform you regarding your focus or interest.
Cost for 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
$250 non-refundable deposit for Administrative costs and to hold your space.
- Early bird discount: Paid in full by July 29, 2021: $3400 plus deposit. Total cost $3650. Includes lodging for retreat & the non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Paid in full after July 29 up to August 26, 2021: $3600 plus deposit. Total $3850. Includes lodging for retreat & the non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Paid in 8 installments. $3760 plus deposit. Total $4000. Includes retreat lodging & non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Each of the 4 payments is: $470.
- First payment due August 26, 2021
- Second payment due October 15, 2021
- Third payment due November 26, 2021
- Fourth payment due January 7, 2022
- Fifth payment due February 25, 2022
- Sixth payment due April 1, 2022
- Seventh payment due May 20, 2022
- Eighth payment due July 8, 2021
Contact Us for Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Smithfield Today!
For those of you looking to become the best 500-hour teacher you can be for yourself and for your future students sign up for our 300-hr yoga teacher training course!
With this 300-Hour program, students can explore advanced applications of yoga and upon completing this course, can become an Advanced Yoga Teacher. Now, aspiring teachers can reach the next level by registering as a certified instructor with the Yoga Alliance with 500 hours of training, the highest international standard for yoga teachers.