Yoga Teacher Training: October 2020 through April 2021.
If you’d like to learn more about yoga, deepen your understanding, and share your knowledge and passion with others, we can help. We have partnered up with another yoga school that offers a 200-hour yoga teacher training, which will be held at our studio in Smithfield, NC. It is Yoga Alliance Accredited to effectively prepare you to open your own practice. To offer you a personal experience, we limit the training to 6-10 students.
Is our Yoga Teacher Training right for you?
Before you begin your journey to receiving your 200-hour yoga certification, it’s important to know what makes a great yoga teacher. The qualities every successful yoga teacher has includes:
- Ability to connect with people from all walks of life;
- Attention to detail to ensure students are executing movements properly;
- Understanding of movement, alignment, and physiology, much of which will be taught in your yoga teacher training;
- Flexibility – not just with your body (though that’s important, too!), but in how you work with your students. It’s important to cater to your audience, listen, and be aware of their needs;
- A calm, focused energy; You can be high-energy and enthusiastic, or more laid-back with a sense of humor, but while you’re teaching it’s important to be the observer and the listener.
Most important, every great yoga teacher has a love for yoga and loves teaching!
In addition to having the qualities of an instructor, our yoga teacher training is excellent for:
- Students who would like to become yoga teachers or to share yoga within a specific population
- Students who are interested in furthering their personal knowledge of yoga
- Professionals who want to incorporate yoga into their work such as clinical psychologists, counselors, physical therapists, massage therapists, health coaches, wellness professionals, and those practicing integrative health.
- Those seeking to learn techniques to improve physical strength, flexibility, and body awareness and share them with others.
- Those seeking to learn techniques to reduce negative effects of stress on the body and mind.
- Desire to promote physical and emotional healing as well as a positive, healthy lifestyle.
- Those seeking to pursue a Yoga Therapy certification
Meet One Of Our Lead Instructors for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Martha Catz M.S., ERYT 500, C-IAYT, YACEP has practiced yoga for over 25 years. After completing her initial 200-hour teacher training in 2003, she moved on to receive her 1100-hour yoga therapy training to better serve her students and those seeking improved health and wellness.
In addition to teaching people at our yoga studio in Smithfield and training new teachers, Martha teaches yoga at Fort Bragg to provide classes for active service members, veterans, and their families. She also is a Certified Integrative Health Coach and is Certified in Mindful Awareness Meditation – both from Duke Integrative Medicine. Martha also holds a Master’s Degree in Health Psychology.
We have guest speakers for: Introduction to nutrition; Introduction to Ayurveda; Prenatal yoga; Kundalini yoga.
Why Choose Us for Your 200 Hour Yoga Certification
At The Yoga Connection, we’re dedicated to providing comprehensive instruction to provide every student with the opportunity to successfully teach others in accordance with the requirements of Yoga Alliance. We practice Hatha Yoga, and our students receive an in-depth look at the primary postures and flow of asana sequencing along with learning how to instruct others in pranayama and guide meditation.
In addition to yoga, our students also learn anatomy and physiology to assist and guide their students safely and knowing how the different movements and sequences affect the body. We place a strong emphasis on anatomy. Philosophy, business, and ethics are also part of the curriculum to better prepare every student should they wish to open their own successful yoga studio.
We offer a convenient schedule for classes in order to allow more people to take part in the program. Conveniently located in Smithfield, NC, we’re only a short drive from the Raleigh-Durham area allowing individuals traveling from out of town easy access. Also, there are multiple restaurants and hotels within just a few minutes from The Yoga Connection.
- Journaling with minimum of three entries per week
- Eight texts required reading (recommended reading is supplemental and not mandatory)
- Asana, meditation, and pranayama in personal practice and in classroom setting
- Two tests on anatomy
- One Final exam
- Three 1-3 page papers
- Monthly class designs (creating and designing yoga classes)
- Classroom practicum mandatory (time will be made within each weekend for these times)
- Mandatory of five classes outside of The Yoga connection and any place that is normally attended
- Community Service (this does not have to be yoga-related)
- You must be present for all weekends (Private make-up classes available for additional cost)
- There will be some online interaction through email
Regularly scheduled yoga classes at The Yoga Connection are $5 per class while enrolled in the 200 hour training.
Please see Make Up policy under payment plans.
- Primary postures, Static and dynamic (flow) asana sequencing. Use of props in asana. Pranayama and Meditation
- 5 dimensions of the human body (mayas), chakras, bandhas, gunas, kryias, mantras and mudras.
- Restorative, Pre-natal yoga, and Yoga for Seniors, working with Arthritis, Respiratory and Cardio & vascular issues/conditions, Truama.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Sutras (Patanjali), Upanishads (selected texts) , Bhagavad Gita, Gary Krafstow Yoga for Transformation
- Philosophy and lifestyle; Teaching methods, Movement and counter-indications; Hands on Modifications; Bringing yoga as a health benefit within support groups.
- Business and marketing; Ethics
2020 Teacher Training Schedule
- October 16-18, 2020: 3 Day Training (this will be 3 full days)
- November 7-8, 2020: 2 Day Training (Saturday & Sunday only)
- November 20-22, 2020: 2.5 Day Training
- December 18-20, 2020: 2.5 Day Training
- January 8-10, 2021: 2.5 Day Training
- January 29-31, 2021: 2.5 Day Training
- February 26-28, 2021: 2.5 Day Training
- March 19-21, 2021: 2.5 Day Training
- April 16-18, 2021: 2.5 Day Training
Weekend Schedule for Classes
2 Day Training Schedule
- Saturday 9am-6pm
- Sunday 9am-6pm
2.5 Day weekend Training Schedule
- Fridays 5-9pm
- Saturdays 9am-6pm
- Sundays 9am-6pm
3 Day Training Schedule
- Friday 9am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-6pm
- Sunday 9am-6pm
$2600 in full if registered by September 15, 2020.
$3000 in full after September 15, 2020, until start date of October 16, 2020.
COVID refund policy:
Refunds will be on a pro-rated scale based depending upon the number of weekends into the course. The plan will be, if we do have to cancel for a month or two, we will continue on as soon as it is safe to resume in person.
Use the first button under Option 1 to pay for the program in full.
If you choose to participate in the payment plan option, use the second button to make your $300 deposit and the last button to make your additional seven payments.
Payment plan option:$2800 plus $300 deposit: Total $3100
Prior to start date, written notification must be made minimum of 3 weeks 30 days prior to start date refund is in full minus $200; 3 week written notification up to start date refund is 50%. After the start date there is no refund.
Payment plan: No refunds after a weekend has been attended. No refunds of prior weekends attended if student fails to complete the training.
Make up policy: Any hours missed will be made up at an additional payment of $40 per hour. No more than 20 hours can be made up privately. No certification will be given to anyone who has not fully complied with the mandatory hours of contact that meet Yoga Alliance requirements.
Option 1: Pay in Full
Click below to make a one-time payment of
Earlybird: $2,600 until September 15, 2020.
After September 1, 2020 $3000:
Option 2: Payment Plan ($2800 + $300 deposit): Total $3100
Click below to pay your $300 deposit:
Click below to make a seven $400 payments (each payment will be made no later than 10 days prior to each weekend).
Active Duty/Veteran Scholarship
We offer a scholarship to Active Duty and Veterans students. The scholarship is $2000 for the entire training. The deposit (non-refundable once the program begins) is $300, with 5 consecutive payments of $340, payment due 1 week prior to each weekend.
The requirements for the Active Duty/Veterans Scholarship:
- Must be Active Duty or Veteran
“I loved the structure and organization, the guest lectures (what perfect people you picked to integrate into our learning process), Mindful eating, introductions to all the many diverse styles of yoga to keep us well rounded, pushing us out of our comfort zone (from mat placements each week to surprise instructing), previous student aides, textbook selection, Asana designing, guided meditation, your knowledge and leadership, our bonding, the friends I made, the safety and comfort I felt each day I was there. I absolutely loved everything about this experience. I have said it before and I will say it again, teacher training was and still remains my favorite thing that has occurred in my life. Thank you so much for this experience.” – Tiffany P. 2013
Join Our Yoga Teacher Training in Smithfield
If you are ready to take the next step in your journey and receive your 200 hour yoga teacher training certification or would like additional information about our classes, training, or workshops, call us today by clicking the button below or fill out the application form.