The Yoga Connection yoga studio is happy to be able to bring you many workshops and events at our Smithfield, NC studio. Check back often we are always adding new yoga events and workshops to our calendar. Look below for what’s going on now!
Yoga for BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)
Saturday, October 28, 12:30-2:30pm
Location: Gracie Raleigh, 410 West Davie St., Raleigh, NC
Self-empowerment is a key factor in maintaining physical health for any athlete.
This 2-hour seminar will:
- Introduce general stretches to prepare for a Jiu Jitsu practice.
- Explains 6-8 common yoga asana (poses) teaching how to use each pose to strengthen core and limbs, or to increase range of motion.
- Demonstrate how to combine dynamic movement with static strengthening.
- Take the same 6-8 asana and create a cardio-vascular sequence.
- Offer a general cool down to relieve over-exertion after Jiu Jitsu.
- Introduce a simple breathing technique to improve respiratory flexibility and concentration.
With this seminar you will be able to choose the type of practice that will best fit your training needs for that day or week. Rather than one repetitive, fixed sequence you will be able to put together a yoga practice that truly benefits you.
Walk-ins will be welcome!!
5 Elements and the Yoga Practice
Balancing the 5 elements through yoga
Sunday December 3, 2017
The Yoga Connection, 101 E. Market St., Smithfield, NC 27577
What this means is that all things have these properties. Some things have more earth properties such as solid, steady, dense or hard, perseverance, and responsibility. Each of the elements has physical, behavioral and emotional aspects. When in balance these elements have a positive affect on our body and mind.
This workshop will use asana, pranayama, exploration of the bandhas, and meditation to explore the balancing of our body and mind through the properties of these elements.