The Yoga Connection yoga studio is happy to be able to bring you many workshops and events at our Smithfield, NC studio. Check back often we are always adding new yoga events and workshops to our calendar. Look below for what’s going on now!
Adaptive Yoga: Chair, wall and props for working with physical and emotional conditions.
Adaptation is about progression. Think about it. The second we no longer adapt, even on the most subtlest of levels, we begin to lose that sense of growth and expansion, and risk entering into a state of stagnation. Stagnation in any situation to eventual dissolution and demise. So, adaptive yoga is yoga in its truest form. A method for living.
What adaptive yoga offers:
- Core strength for a healthy back and improved limb movement
- Improved respiratory capacity and ease
- Improves overall muscle strength and range of motion
- Reduces the negative impact of chronic stress on the body by helping to regulate stress hormones
- Contributes to improved self regulation and mindfulness
This workshop will focus on teaching methods for working with these specific issues:
- Respiratory issues (Reactive Airway diseases, Cystic fibrosis)
- Neuromuscular disease/disorder (Parkinson, ALS, Multiple sclerosis, Myopathy)
- Depression/Anxiety and Hyper arousal & hyper vigilance
Weekend Schedule: Saturday October 27 & Sunday October 28, 2018
The workshop will be broken into 4 sections:
Saturday October 27, 2018
Beginnings: 12:30pm-1:00pm: Introductions
Respiratory issues: 1:00pm-3:00pm
Neuromuscular issues: 3:15pm-5:30pm
Sunday October 28, 2018
Depression/Anxiety and Hyper arousal & hyper vigilance: 12:30pm-4:30pm
$75 for the workshop
5 Elements and the Yoga Practice
Balancing the 5 elements through yoga
Sunday November 18, 2018
The Yoga Connection, 101 E. Market St., Smithfield, NC 27577
What this means is that all things have these properties. Some things have more earth properties such as solid, steady, dense or hard, perseverance, and responsibility. Each of the elements has physical, behavioral and emotional aspects. When in balance these elements have a positive affect on our body and mind.
This workshop will use asana, pranayama, exploration of the bandhas, and meditation to explore the balancing of our body and mind through the properties of these elements.