Next Training in North Carolina:
February 11-12, 2017 in Goldsboro, NC
Saturday 1:00-5:00pm & Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm (Lunch break 12:00-1:00pm)
Location: The Yoga Connection studio Goldsboro, NC, 110 North John St.
Contact The Yoga Connection to register for this training.
At this time, the training is FREE to Active Duty. For the next 6 months the training will be on a donation basis only. Beginning in July, this training will be $199.
Connected Warriors Trauma Conscious Yoga Teacher Training is a training program offered through Connected Warriors. Inc. This training teaches 200/500 hour yoga instructors how to offer yoga classes to Active Duty/Veterans and their families in a way that is sensitive to the possible traumas and difficulties that military life and service can hold. If you are Active Duty with a consistent yoga practice please contact Martha directly to see about eligibility for this training.
During the training you will learn:
- The importance of language both body and spoken
- How the eight limbs of yoga integrates into military thinking and action
- How trauma and stress affect the body
- The differences between types of trauma
- How to keep consistency within the yoga class without compromising teaching of poses or sequences
- Counter posing
- The importance of observation, listening and non-attachment
- The importance of breath in trauma-conscious yoga and its function
- How to bring Connected Warrior classes into a community
- Ethical guidelines
The Connected Warriors training consists of:
- Power point presentation
- Practicum for asana and language
- Practice teaching
Requirements for completion:
- Complete attendance for the entire training
- Completion of a feedback survey
After fulfilling the requirements in the Connected Warriors Trauma Conscious Training you will be awarded a certificate of completion. Once you begin to teach a Connected Warriors class of your own, we will then add you to the Connected Warriors, Inc. website as a trained instructor, and any Connected Warriors class you or location offer will be listed on the website.
If you are not a 200 hour yoga teacher, and are either Active Duty or Veteran please consider taking the 200 hour certification with The Yoga Connection and applying for our scholarship for Active Duty/Veterans. The cost of the training is $1600, which is a $1000 savings from the regular pricing. Once the 200 hour is successfully completed, Connected Warriors, Inc. will help with the cost of required reading books. Next 200 hour training begins in Winter of 2018.