300 Hour Advanced Yoga Training: 11 month training
At some point after completion of a 200-hour yoga certification many students find themselves ready to move into a more in-depth understanding and practice of yoga.
The Yoga Connection 300-hour training is an approved member school with International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and fully accredited with Yoga Alliance and MyCAA (Military Scholarship Program).
After the Yoga Connection 300 hour training you will be able to apply to Yoga Alliance as a 500RYT. You will also be able to continue on to become a Yoga Therapist through the last 600 hours with Surya Chandra Healing School if you meet that schools requirements. These additional 600 hours will meet and exceed the minimum requirements set by IAYT of 1000 hours training to become a Yoga Therapist.
This training is excellent for:
- Students seeking to have a deeper knowledge of yoga as a form of prevention, intervention and healing
- Developing skills for working to improve the health and wellness of clients through a holistic paradigm
- Exploring yoga therapy within a bio/psycho/social/environmental perspective
- Developing skills for working with special interest populations such as anxiety & depression, arthritis and other range of motion limitations, and women’s issues
- Learning the techniques to be a safe and effective instructor of asana, pranayama and meditation for clients with health conditions.
- Learning ratio breathing, mantra, mudra, and the use of marma points for hands on adjustments and healing within the classroom and for private clients.
- Developing skills in teaching mindful awareness meditation as part of a yoga practice for wellness and stress reduction
- Students who are interested in establishing a foundation for yoga therapy
Our advanced training will peel away the superficial layers of yoga and peer into the deeper levels as both a personal practice and as a teacher.
There are restaurants and hotels within minutes of the studio for individuals traveling from outside of the Triangle area. This training is designed to build upon a foundation similar to a college course so the preferable method is to take each module in order.
Curriculum and Requirements
- Journaling with at least 1 entry per week
- Texts will be assigned throughout the course. Most are available used, and the amount needed will be kept to a minimum.
- Designing a wellness program that will include asana, pranayama and meditation.
- One research paper. Topic is the student’s choice but must be cleared with primary instructor. 5-7 pages.
- 3 separate class designs to be presented during weekend trainings
- Take a 1 hour private session with Martha Catz during the training.
- End of training final exam
- All weekends must be attended to receive certification
2018 Teacher Training Schedule & TopicsFull schedule for the training will be posted in early 2018.
Typical time schedule for the weekends:
3 day weekend hours: Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-4pm
4 day weekend hours: Thursday 5pm-9pm, Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-4pm
Total of 280 contact hours.
Private lesson requirement: during the 300-hour teacher training you must take 1 private lesson with Martha Catz.
Homework assignments, reading assignments, one 5-8 page research paper, final exam.
Course PaymentRates will be announced in early 2018.
Requirements for CompletionThe Yoga Connection and faculty take this training very seriously. Your attendance and dedication to completing this training is a necessary ingredient for becoming an advanced teacher with best practice methods and skills.
To complete your training, you must attend all weekends in full. All papers and outside assignments must be completed to receive certification. Examination must be passed the last weekend of training. Your training must be completed within 2 years (every month over the 2 year completion time is an additional $20 per month).
See the brochure for full list of study responsibilities, contact hours, and details on refunds, payments and financing options.