Yoga Training 220-Hour Certification RYS
Enrolling now for session starting in February 2016.
Our 200-hour yoga certification training provides each student with the skills to teach yoga safely and effectively, or to enhance their own personal practice. But Yoga is more than asana practice. At The Yoga Connection we introduce each student to the underlying philosophy, physical and mental benefits of yoga. To offer you a personal experience, we limit the training to 6-10 students.
This training is excellent for:
- Students who would like to become yoga teachers or to share yoga within a specific population
- Students who are interested in furthering their personal knowledge of yoga
- Professionals who want to incorporate yoga into their work: Clinical psychologists, nurses, clinical social workers, physical therapists, massage therapists, and other integrative health professionals. Our program focuses on health & wellbeing.
- Techniques for improving physical strength, flexibility & body awareness
- Techniques for reducing negative effects of stress on body and mind
- Promote physical and emotional healing
- Promote a positive, healthy lifestyle
Martha Catz brings together the philosophy and physiology of yoga to effectively promote health and well being. Today, there is a great deal of valid research regarding the benefits of yoga and meditation as methods for improved physical health and stress reduction. Martha combines her experience of 15 years teaching yoga with her training in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, graduate degree in Health Psychology, and Yoga Therapy.
There are restaurants and hotels within minutes of the studio for individuals traveling from outside of the Triangle area. Contact us for suggestions if you need housing for the weekend.
We offer a scholarship to Active Duty and Veterans students. The scholarship is $1500 for the entire training which can be paid on a monthly basis.
Requirements for Connected Warrior Scholarship:
- Complete a free Connected Warriors training during the 200 hour training
- Teach 1 Connected Warriors a month for 1 year at an appropriate location
- Must be an Active Duty/Veteran
- For more information regarding Connected Warriors http://www.connectedwarriors.org/ and its programs
- Journaling with minimum of three entries per week
- Eight texts required reading (recommended reading is supplemental and not mandatory)
- Asana, meditation, and pranayama in personal practice and in classroom setting
- Three tests on anatomy
- Three 1-3 page papers
- Monthly class designs (creating and designing yoga classes)
- Classroom practicum mandatory (time will be made within each weekend for these times)
- Mandatory of five classes outside of The Yoga connection and any place that is normally attended
- Community Service (this does not have to be yoga-related)
- You must be present for all weekends (Private make-up classes available for additional cost)
- There will be some online interaction through email
Regularly scheduled yoga classes at The Yoga Connection are $5 per class while enrolled in the 200 hour training.
- Primary postures, Static and dynamic (flow) asana sequencing. Use of props in asana. Pranayama and Meditation
- 5 dimensions of the human body (mayas), chakras, bandhas, gunas, kryias, mantras and mudras.
- Restorative, Essential oils & yoga, Yoga Nidra, Pre-natal yoga, Kids Yoga and Yoga for Seniors
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Sutras (Patanjali), Upanishads (selected texts) , Bhagavad Gita, Gary Krafstow Yoga for Transformation
- Philosophy and lifestyle; Teaching methods, Movement and counter-indications; Hands on Modifications; Bringing yoga as a health benefit within support groups.
- Business and marketing; Ethics
2016 Teacher Training Schedule
- February 5-7, 2016
- March 4-6, 2016
- April 8-10, 2016
- May 6-8, 2016
- June 3-5, 2016
- July 8-10, 2016
- August 5-7, 2016
- September 9-11, 2016
- September 23-25, 2016
Weekend Schedule for Classes
- Fridays 6-9pm
- Saturdays 9am-6pm
- Sundays 10am-6pm
$2500 in full if registered by December 1, 2015
$2600 in full after December 1, 2015 until start date of February 5, 2016.
Use the first button to pay for the program in full.
If you choose to participate in the payment plan option, use the second button to make your $200 deposit and the last button to make your additional four payments.
Payment plan option:$2600 plus $200 deposit: Total $2800
Prior to start date, written notification must be made minimum of 3 weeks 30 days prior to start date refund is in full minus $200; 3 week written notification up to start date refund is 50%. After the start date there is no refund.
Payment plan: No refunds after a weekend has been attended. No refunds of prior weekends attended if student fails to complete the training.
Make up policy: Any hours missed will be made up at an additional payment of $45 per hour. No more than 20 hours can be made up privately. No certification will be given to anyone who has not fully complied with the mandatory hours of contact that meet Yoga Alliance requirements.
Option 1: Pay in Full
Click below to make a one-time payment of $2,400 until December 1, 2015. After December 1, 2105 $2500:
Option 2: Payment Plan ($2,600 + deposit)
Click below to pay your $200 deposit:
Click below to make a four $650 payments (each payment will be made no later than 10 days prior to each weekend).
Connected Warrior Scholarship
“I loved the structure and organization, the guest lectures (what perfect people you picked to integrate into our learning process), Mindful eating, introductions to all the many diverse styles of yoga to keep us well rounded, pushing us out of our comfort zone (from mat placements each week to surprise instructing), previous student aides, textbook selection, Asana designing, guided meditation, your knowledge and leadership, our bonding, the friends I made, the safety and comfort I felt each day I was there. I absolutely loved everything about this experience. I have said it before and I will say it again, teacher training was and still remains my favorite thing that has occurred in my life. Thank you so much for this experience.” – Tiffany P. 2013