RYS Yoga Alliance Teacher Training 200-Hour Certification
We have started our registration for 2015. Spaces are limited. Please register as soon as possible to guarantee your position. We still have discounts available for early registration.
Our 200-hour yoga instructor certification training provides each student with the skills to teach yoga safely and effectively. But Yoga is more than asana practice. At The Yoga Connection we introduce each student to the underlying physical and mental benefits of yoga.
This training is excellent for:
- Students who would like to become yoga teachers
- Students who are interested in furthering their personal knowledge of yoga
- Professionals who want to incorporate yoga into their work: Clinical psychologists, nurses, clinical social workers, physical therapists, massage therapists, and other integrative health professionals
- Techniques for improving physical strength, flexibility & body awareness
- Techniques for reducing negative effects of stress on body and mind
- Promote physical and emotional healing
- Promote a positive, healthy lifestyle
Martha Catz brings together the philosophy and physiology of yoga to effectively promote health and well being. Today, there is a great deal of scientific research regarding the benefits of yoga and meditation as methods for improved physical health and stress reduction. Martha combines her experience of 14 years teaching yoga with her training in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, graduate education in Health Psychology, and Yoga Therapy.
There are restaurants and hotels within minutes of the studio for individuals traveling from outside of the Triangle area. Contact us for suggestions if you need housing for the weekend.
Military Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) – Contact your local MyCAA on base for information regarding The Yoga Connection Teacher Training as an approved school.
- Journaling with minimum of three entries per week
- Eight texts required reading (recommended reading is supplemental and not mandatory)
- Asana, meditation, and pranayama in personal practice and in classroom setting
- Three tests on anatomy
- Three 1-3 page papers
- Monthly class designs (creating and designing yoga classes)
- Classroom practicum mandatory (time will be made within each weekend for these times)
- Mandatory of five classes outside of The Yoga connection and any place that is normally attended
- Community Service (this does not have to be yoga-related)
- You must be present for all weekends (Private make-up classes available for additional cost)
- There will be some online interaction through email
Regularly scheduled yoga classes at The Yoga Connection are $5 per class while enrolled in the 200 hour training.
- Primary postures, Static and dynamic (flow) asana sequencing. Use of props in asana. Pranayama and Meditation
- 5 dimensions of the human body (mayas), chakras, bandhas, gunas, kryias, mantras and mudras.
- Restorative, Hot Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Pre-natal yoga, Kids Yoga and Yoga for Seniors
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Sutras (Patanjali), Upanishads (selected texts) , Bhagavad Gita, Gary Krafstow Yoga for Transformation
- Philosophy and lifestyle; Teaching methods, Movement and counter-indications; Hands on Modifications
- Business and marketing; Ethics
2015 Teacher Training Schedule
- February 6-8, 2015
- March 6-8, 2015
- April 10-12, 2015
- May 1-3, 2015
- June 5-7, 2015
- July 10-11, 2015
- July 31-August 2, 2015
- September 11-13, 2015
- September 25-27, 2015
Weekend Schedule for Classes
- Fridays 6-9pm
- Saturdays 9am-6pm
- Sundays 10am – 6pm
Super early bird of $2200 in full/$2400 payment plan ends September 15, 2014.
$2300 in full, or $2500 payment plan if registered by December 1, 2014
$2400 in full, or $2600 payment plan after December 1, 2014 until start date.
Use the first button to pay for the program in full.
If you choose to participate in the payment plan option, use the second button to make your $200 deposit and the last button to make your additional four payments.
Option 1: Pay in Full ($2300)
(Military Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) is equivalent to payment in full pricing, please use this amount when submitting to MyCAA).
Click below to make a one-time payment of $2,300 (until December 1, 2014):
Option 2: Payment Plan ($2500)
Click below to pay your $200 deposit:
Click below to make a four $575 payments (each payment will be made no later than 10 days prior to each weekend).
“I loved the structure and organization, the guest lectures (what perfect people you picked to integrate into our learning process), Mindful eating, introductions to all the many diverse styles of yoga to keep us well rounded, pushing us out of our comfort zone (from mat placements each week to surprise instructing), previous student aides, textbook selection, Asana designing, guided meditation, your knowledge and leadership, our bonding, the friends I made, the safety and comfort I felt each day I was there. I absolutely loved everything about this experience. I have said it before and I will say it again, teacher training was and still remains my favorite thing that has occurred in my life. Thank you so much for this experience.” – Tiffany P. 2013