Developmental Restoration Yoga: Teacher Training for Yoga Instructors and Students
Next training weekend of October 7-9, 2016.
Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm & 2:00pm-6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-6:00pm
The definition of restoration is “to return to original, normal or unimpaired condition.”
Purpose of Developmental Restoration Yoga
Rest is when the body naturally heals, rejuvenates and reprograms itself. Proper movement encourages the body and mind to heal.
Developmental Restoration Yoga is a unique blending of the relaxation properties of restorative yoga with the healing art of yoga therapy.
Curriculum of Restoration Yoga Teacher Training:
- Understanding basic physiology and the impact of the stress response on the body & mind.
- The importance of the spine and alignment to effectively improve movement & healing
- The importance of breath in Restoration Yoga
- Appropriate movements to improve strength & range of motion using movements of yoga therapy
- Sequencing in Restoration Yoga
- Using the chair or bench for Restoration yoga in movement & Relaxation poses (not everyone can get on the floor, this separate segment addresses the needs of those clients)
- Creating the supportive relaxation pose
- Precautions and contraindications
When used correctly Developmental Restoration Yoga can help a person reduce blood pressure, rebalance the nervous system, reduce symptoms of fatigue, muscle tension, and offer a sense of improved wellbeing. It can also improve range motion, reduce symptoms of pain from muscle, joint and nerve. Restoration Yoga also works as a complimentary method to improve physical and emotional symptoms of anxiety and depression, and for those suffering from trauma.
This teacher training is to introduce students and teachers to the benefits of Developmental Restoration Yoga. After taking this workshop you will be able to combine movement and breath with restorative poses into your classes or practice. Many Restorative Yoga classes require lots of props and equipment that many studios/teachers/practitioners do not have. This training will help you create restorative poses with fewer props.
This is an elective for those registered for the 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training. Please contact Martha as there are additional requirements to receive full credit.
15 CEU’s are available for 200 and 500 RYTs.
Though the space is large, the class is limited to 6 people to allow time for practice and discussion.
Early bird registration is before February 1, 2016
Regular pricing is $160 for the three day 15 hour training.
What you will need to bring to this training
- Yoga mat
- 1-2 Eye pillows
- 2 large beach towels
- If you have a bolster and blocks please bring them with you
…incredible material, so well presented, and the group discussions were both thought provoking and very informative. Thank you fellow participants, for helping to encourage and motivate. Special thank you, Martha for being the pioneer you are and inviting us along on the journey! I am very excited to truly incorporate Restoration yoga… Cheryl H.