300 hour Advanced Yoga Training
At some point after completion of a 200-hour yoga certification many students find themselves ready to move into a more in-depth understanding and practice of yoga.
The Yoga Connection 300-hour training is an approved member school with International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and fully accredited with Yoga Alliance and MyCAA (Military Scholarship Program).
Our 300 hour training is approved school curriculum for Surya Chandra Healing Yoga therapy certification’s 900 hour training. Surya Chandra Healing Yoga is owned and directed by Janet “jj” Gormley-Etchells, RYT and Yoga Therapist. The training draws upon the philosophy and therapeutic methods used in the traditions of Krishnamacharya (the basis of Viniyoga). After the Yoga Connection 300 hour training you will be able to apply to Yoga Alliance as a 500RYT. You will also be able to continue on to become a Yoga Therapist through the last 600 hours with Surya Chandra Healing School. These additional 600 hours will meet and exceed the minimum requirements set by IAYT of 1000 hours training to become a Yoga Therapist.
This training is excellent for:
- Students seeking to have a deeper knowledge of yoga as a form of prevention, intervention and healing
- Developing skills for working to improve the health and wellness of clients through a holistic paradigm
- Exploring yoga therapy within a bio/psycho/social/environmental perspective
- Developing skills for working with special interest populations such as anxiety & depression, arthritis and other range of motion limitations, and women’s issues
- Learning the techniques to be a safe and effective instructor of asana, pranayama and meditation for clients with health conditions.
- Learning ratio breathing, mantra, mudra, and the use of marma points for hands on adjustments and healing within the classroom and for private clients.
- Developing skills in teaching mindful awareness meditation as part of a yoga practice for wellness and stress reduction
- Students who are interested in establishing a foundation for yoga therapy
Our advanced training will peel away the superficial layers of yoga and peer into the deeper levels as both a personal practice and as a teacher.
There are restaurants and hotels within minutes of the studio for individuals traveling from outside of the Triangle area. This training is designed to build upon a foundation similar to a college course so the preferable method is to take each module in order.
Curriculum and Requirements
- Journaling with at least 1 entry per week
- Texts will be assigned throughout the course. Most are available used, and the amount needed will be kept to a minimum.
- Designing a wellness program that will include asana, pranayama and meditation.
- One research paper. Topic is the student’s choice but must be cleared with primary instructor. 5-7 pages.
- 3 separate class designs to be presented during weekend trainings
- Assist in a 200 hour weekend training
- End of training final exam
- All weekends must be attended to receive certification
- Training to be completed within 2 years
2017 Teacher Training Schedule & TopicsFull schedule for the training will be posted in the Fall of 2016.
Typical time schedule for the weekends:
3 day: Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-4pm
4 day: Thursday 5pm-9pm, Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-4pm
Teacher Assistant: during the 300-hour teacher training you must assist in one 200-hour teacher training at The Yoga Connection.
Homework assignments, reading assignments, one 5-8 page research paper, final exam.
Course PaymentAt The Yoga Connection, full payment for the 300 Hour program is $3,900. Payment plan total is $4,175 and consists of three payments of $1,325, which are due at the first, third and fifth months of the training, plus a $200 deposit to hold your space. Contact Martha to discuss financing options available.
The cost includes the listed Contact Hours and Online Classes associated with the Program and up to $1000 toward classes/retreat with faculty (retreat must be organized by SCHYS.) Not included are: electives, make-up hours, retreats other than with SCHYS, books, supplies and travel, meals and other expenses associated with training.
Military Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) is equivalent to discounted full payment of $3,900, please use this amount when submitting to MyCAA.
Option 1: Discount for Paying in Full prior to February 18, 2016 ($3,900)
(Military Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) can be used to pay for a portion of this class).
Click below to get the discounted rate of $3,900:
Option 2: Payment Plan is $4,175 total (includes $200 deposit fee ($1,325 due first, third, fifth month of training)
Click below for deposit fee
Click below to make one of the three $1,325 payments
In addition to the Program Fees listed above, the two following administrative fees are due.
Administrative Fee 1: $200 Registration and Administration fee (non-refundable)
Administrative Fee 2: $75 Teacher Training Assistant Weekend
See the application for full details payment plans and refund policy.
Requirements for CompletionThe Yoga Connection and faculty take this training very seriously. Your attendance and dedication to completing this training is a necessary ingredient for becoming an advanced teacher with best practice methods and skills.
To complete your training, you must attend all weekends in full. All papers and outside assignments must be completed to receive certification. Examination must be passed the last weekend of training. Your training must be completed within 2 years (every month over the 2 year completion time is an additional $20 per month).
See the brochure for full list of study responsibilities, contact hours, and details on refunds, payments and financing options.